Authors Interview with Kapil Dabur.
First, before we move forward with our Authors Interview, I would like to start with an introduction.
1. Could you please introduce yourself to us?
I did my MBA from IIM Bangalore in 2003-05. Post that I worked for 15 years in blue chip firms like Airtel, Reebok, Vodafone and Homelane. Also incubated a startup. After publishing my first book in 2019, I moved full time into writing in 2021. I have a son, Nikhil, who is 9 years old.
2. Congratulations on your book. So what inspired you to write this book?
I have been an avid reader of Mythological fiction. Retelling of our glorious past really excites me. This is my second attempt to write a book in this Genre.
3. What is the book all about?
This book is about Lord Krishna and his evolution as one of the most revered and loved God in Hindu Mythology. I have tried to add a new dimension in to this journey.
4. Why did you choose this genre for your book?
I have been an avid reader of Mythological fiction. Retelling of our glorious past really excites me.
5. How much time did it take to complete this book?
About an year that excludes the publication process.
6. What makes your Book Special?
Well, that is for the reader to experience if he really finds the concept exciting. I gave my best effort in coming up with this book.
7. When is your second book coming?
I have already stated work on my fourth book and it should be ready in next 9-12 months.
8. While writing did you get any writer's block? What is the Tip that you will give others who are facing writer's block?
In my experience, choosing the right genre is the most important thing. One should be really excited about it. Second, one should create the complete concept first , right till the very end, before starting to write.
9. Apart from being a talented author, what are your other hobbies?
I am a very active stock market participant and an avid traveler.
10. Last but not the least, How did you feel, while giving this interview?
I feel very good sharing my thoughts with my readers through your platform. Thanks for this opportunity.